| Home   | MONTHLY TREATS   | SHE'S DOIN' IT   | 3 FOR 2   | The COME UP   | HOT SHOTS   | HASAN  

Get To Know: Bria




Ha Candy - Welcome to Ha Candy Bria, how are you?
Bria - Thank you…. I’m doing fabulous!

Ha Candy - Tell us your favorite memories growing up.
Bria - My favorite childhood memories are playing restaurant and creating plays with my younger brother Jalen. Even though nobody watched our plays we entertained each other. Something else I enjoyed was dancing on the front porch with my big cousin Tricia and my big sister Lisa. Till this day we perform for the family at every gathering just goofing around. Low key I be serious though if its Beyoncé.

Ha Candy - Why do people refer to you having an Old Soul?
Bria - Everyone refer to me as an “old soul” because I love old music more than anything. The fact that I listen to the dusties on my spare time and step to it makes me old. In the club you might catch me steppin while everybody else twerkin. I can be real laid back like an older person. I just started liking to party since I’ve been in college but other than that I’m real mellow for my age.

Ha Candy - Many people think your Asian, any plans of going into acting?
Bria - Lol. I wouldn’t mind going into acting. I think that it might be a fun and adventurous thing to do. I won’t say I can’t act just yet because I’ve never tried it.  Because I’m so determined and I love challenges I can see myself trying acting.

Ha Candy - If your 90% legs, where’s the other 10%?
Bria - My legs are 90% of my body and my stomach, neck, and head only equal 10%. Lol .My auntie Dena calls me Dee-Dee from Dexter and the Laboratory. My auntie makes me laugh the most. It’s impossible to be around her and not laugh.

Ha Candy - Are you close with your family? (Share some thoughts on the importance of family)
Bria - FAMILY!!! Without them I’m scared to even think where I would be without them and their support. Something that everyone MUST know about me is that my family comes first and I would do anything and every for them. I am very protective of my younger siblings and my two nieces. I DO NOT PLAY when it comes to them. I have a large family. My dad’s, mom’s, and stepmother’s side. Many people think that it’s weird that my mom and my stepmom get along and their families but yes it’s true we all love each other. Such a blessing that sometimes I don’t understand why God blessed me with them.

Ha Candy - What do you find irresistible in a guy?
Bria - What I find most irresistible in guys is charming-ness, height, baby faces, deep voice, and a BEAUTIFUL SMILES. He must also has some sort of SWAGG or allow me to swag him out. One thing that I find most attractive in a guy is being respectful to me and his mother/grandmother etc.

Ha Candy - Have you ever broke the ice and asked a guy out first?
Bria - YES! I did once while I was in Washington D.C. My cousins and I went for a swim at our hotel. While on our way to the pool I peeped this gorgeous guy in the workout room. So I walked in there in spoke to him. We still text every now and then but nothing serious.

Ha Candy - Besides broadcast journalism, what else did you learn at college?
Bria - Beside Broadcast I’ve learned how to live on my own. I’ve learned how to work and play. I’ve learned how to cure my shopaholic ways by maintaining my budgets. AND I realized that there are NO DAYS OFF! lol

Ha Candy - What are your business plans?
Bria - My plans are to go into business with my big sister and opening up our own salon. Our vision for that is amazing and I’m really excited because we plan to get that started before I graduate in 2014.  Also, one day I want to start my own fashion line that consist of jeans and shoes.

Ha Candy - Any Shout Outs?
Bria - I would like to give a shout out to God, my ENTIRE family, and my friends. I love you all with my heart and soul. I want to give a shout out to my manager Bianca Munn and flash and Flare modeling agency. And last but not least, a shout out to Ha Candy Magazine for having me.

Ha Candy - If your lover were a piece of candy what would he/she be?
Bria - If my lover were a piece of candy he would be a Butterfinger.  YUMMY!